Hey you Vaders...

A place to share thoughts on how to build an R2-D2, C-3PO, Vader and more. Or ask for help on a current build. May the Force be with you!
punisher75
Centurion

Re: Hey you Vaders...

Post by punisher75 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:01 pm

Thanks! yeah over the years I've wound up with enough extra parts that I said well I can sell em and technically lose money on em or build a permanent life size Display...Obviously I went with the display. only had to buy a few parts specifically for the mannequin. Call me crazy but I just don't like having to take parts off a display when I want to wear the costume, all of the stuff I wear stays in my carrying case and in a large garment bag.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:20 pm

I have two Cylons. One is one display, and the other to wear for costuming. Now who is crazy? :cylongold:

punisher75
Centurion

Post by punisher75 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:10 pm

I can totally see that! It's such a cool costume I could see wanting to display it but not wanting the hassle of undressing an mannequin Everytime you want to wear it.

Soda Can
Phalanx Leader

Post by Soda Can » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:02 pm

:loveit: my Vader set me back $3500.000NZD for my total set up, now my suit for it is falling apart as I've trooped in it quite a number of times.
My voice box is from Jim at Rom fx which set me back about $550.00NZD.
The advantage with this is that it has the breathing sound along with the ability to talk in character.
Oh by the way, I didn't tell my wife I got a bank loan out for this and she found out :blink:
Still getting parts every now and again, most expensive would be an accurate helmet.
If anybody can, Soda Can Cylon can. :cylon:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Wow, the helmet tops a full body under suit?! I guess it does take a lot of work, and then is so iconic - commands quite a price. BUT SOOOO COOL! :)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Building tips and tricks for Star Wars Items”