Galactica Actors in Other Roles

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
oneofbaltarsfewfans
Citizen

Galactica Actors in Other Roles

Post by oneofbaltarsfewfans » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:54 pm

So we know the well known. Lorne Greene as Pa Cartwright, John Colicos as Kor, Dirk Benedict as Face.

But I recently stumbled across the CBC show "Dr Simon Locke, Police Surgeon" from the 70s. John Colicos, in his faithful "villain of the week"!style, played a legit off the rocker crime lord out to get Dr. Locke for sending him to a mental hospital for 4 years instead of prison.
I thought John Colicos was great at playing villains, but playing a crazy crime boss has to be one of the best things I have ever seen. There were moments I was literally like "oh my gosh, is he acting?"
The episode is on YouTube. Look it up.

"Now perhaps you see why the Imperious Leader put me in command."

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Re: Galactica Actors in Other Roles

Post by johnnybear » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:26 am

Herb Jefferson was Roy Dwyer in Rich Man, Poor Man the series and follow up! He also made an appearance in the first season of The Bionic woman! Richard Hatch was a regular in the final series of The Streets of San Francisco playing Dan Robbins I believe! Laurette Spang made an appearance in the first season of The six Million Dollar Man as a stewardess in Survival of The Fittest! John Colicos made three appearances as Kor in Star Trek:Deep space Nine as well as in Star Trek's errand of mercy in 1967!
JB

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

Post by Specter » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:10 am

Dirk Benedict was a co-star of the 1974 series "Chopper One."

John Colicos also appeared in a Wonder Woman episode playing (naturally) a villain.

Maren Jensen and Anne Lockhart both guest-starred on that other Glen Larson show "The Hardy Boys Mysteries."

Laurette Spang appeared in three different Happy Days episodes, playing (as I recall) two of Richie's girlfriends and one of Fonzie's. Anne Lockhart was also in the Happy Days episode "Three on a Porch."

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:19 am

Lloyd Bridges (Cain) has a resume a mile or two long but was very funny as the guy who wanted to give up sniffing glue in Airplane (1982) Jack Stauffer was in an episode of The Bionic Woman (Canyon of Death) and the first episode of The Fantastic Journey! Anne Lockhart was in Bionic Breakdown, one of the three get together movies in The Six Million Dollar Man franchise and two episodes of The Incredible Hulk! Tasha Martel was also known as Arlene Martel and appeared in Demon With A Glass Hand, a famous episode of The Outer Limits in 1964 and of course she nearly wed Mr.Spock as T'Pring in Star Trek's Amok Time! Patrick MacNee as Count Iblis was also well known as John Steed in 161 episodes of The Avengers and 26 episodes of The New Avengers! :IL:
JB

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:45 pm

Richard Hatch was also Wade Walton of the Walton's Family. So cool!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:18 am

Lance Legault apart from his three episodes on Galactica and two characters also appeared on Police Woman, Logan's Run as Matthew 12 in the episode Judas Goat, numerous episodes of The Incredible hulk, Star Trek:TNG and was a regular on the Werewolf TV series in 1987/88 as Alamo Joe Rogan!
JB

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

Post by Specter » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:39 pm

Don’t forget Lance LeGault’s appearance on Buck Rogers!
"Eternal perfection and order is the goal of the Cylon Empire."
- Group Leader Cyrus

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:25 am

Ooops! Never knew about that one but then again I can't say I was a big fan of Buck like I was BSG!
JB

drjohn
Spare Parts

Post by drjohn » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:35 am

Lance LeGault was a semi-regular on Magnum P.I. and The A-Team. He was Elvis Presley's stunt double.

drjohn
Spare Parts

Post by drjohn » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:35 am

Lance LeGault was a semi-regular on Magnum P.I. and The A-Team. He was Elvis Presley's stunt double.

drjohn
Spare Parts

Post by drjohn » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:53 am

Larry Manetti who played Giles, a Warrior, in several episodes was a regular on Magnum P.I. He played Orville Wright, but he told everyone his first name was Rick because he identified with Humphrey Bogart's character in "Casablanca." He ran the King Kamehameha Club for most of the series, and when the series ended, he wrote a book about his experiences working on Magnum P.I. Regarding Galactica actors in other roles, if you look at all the guest actor/actress appearances on the original Magnum P.I., you'll spot plenty of BSG's actors in other roles on the series. Not surprising because Magnum P.I. was created by Donald P. Bellisario and Glen A. Larson.

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Mon May 30, 2022 1:57 am

John Colicos was also in the final screened episode of the Six Million Dollar Man as Colonel Nubikov!
JB

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:58 pm

Lorne Greene, forgetting his vast acting credits, made an uncredited appearance in Happy Days opening episode for the fifth season where they go to Hollywood and Lorne seemed fascinated by Howard's shirt!!!
I recently saw Lorne as Charlton Heston's Father-in-law in Earthquake which had a few scenes stolen for the premiere episode of Galactica 1980!
JB

Eric Paddon
Spare Parts

Post by Eric Paddon » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:42 am

Ray Milland made an interesting Council adversary in the pilot, but decades earlier he got his chance to play the Devil in the movie "Alias Nick Beal". There's your chance to see Sire Uri as Iblis! :)

Return to “1978 TV Series”