1978 Pegasus survived

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
Indiana40
Citizen

1978 Pegasus survived

Post by Indiana40 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Does anybody know if Pegasus survive the battle with the cylon. I know we never get to find out . What does everyone think about that yes they survive or no they don't survive let me know.

:byyourcommand:

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: 1978 Pegasus survived

Post by Red Eye » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:47 pm

It has since the producers planned to bring her back in the second season proposal, which never happened as we all know.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:46 am

Indiana40 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:45 pm
Does anybody know if Pegasus survive the battle with the cylon. I know we never get to find out . What does everyone think about that yes they survive or no they don't survive let me know.

:byyourcommand:
The theatrical version of the episode (Mission:Galactica-The Cylon Attack) was more optimistic of The Pegasus and Cain's survival after their battle with the two Basestars! Adama asks Starbuck and Apollo if there was any news on Cain and Starbuck says that after the clouds cleared they saw the Pegasus heading out across the stars like before and Adama replies that wherever he is, he's exactly where he wants to be!
I'm not sure if the dialogue was looped from the earlier conversations or whether Lorne and Dirk were rehired to add these more hopeful lines to the conclusion of the film! I must say the chopping around of the scenes at the end was very poorly done too I'm afraid! :frack:
JB

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:52 am

Come to think of it why didn't Baltar make comment upon the 'destruction' or escape of The Pegasus at the end of the episode or in War of The Gods? But then again episodic television of the time didn't usually mention events that had happened in other shows at the time. Although Sheba does discuss her Father with Count Iblis in part one and Adama and Apollo do mention the Pegasus as well so who knows?
I remember LWT here in the UK didn't screen The Living Legend in their 1980/81 first and only run of the show but they did oddly show Mission:Galactica-The Cylon Attack in two parts after The Hand of God if that makes any sense? :cylon:
JB

Return to “1978 TV Series”