Mission Galactica:The Cylon Attack

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
johnnybear
Raider Commander

Mission Galactica:The Cylon Attack

Post by johnnybear » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:29 am

In the movie version of MG:TCA we get to see The Imperious Leader's Basestar assume orbit around Gammoray and then a Centurion enter his chamber informing him of their position above the beknighted planet and not only does he say in his best McNee "Excellent, excellent!" But we also get our best view of his strangely weird features!
My gripe is that this scene is not in The Living Legend part two at all, not even in the deleted scenes and it seems like a great waste for it not to have been! :frack:
Plus also why didn't Baltar and the other Basestar commanders not realise their leader was there to dedicate the base and what a distance he had covered just to do it!! Makes you wonder if The Galactica had really moved that far at all in space even if Gammoray was in another galaxy! :blink:
JB

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: Mission Galactica:The Cylon Attack

Post by Red Eye » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:41 am

The scene of the Imperious Leader in "Mission Galactica" was indeed taken from the pilot episode, which also explains his small winged lizard pet still sitting on his arm.

After the Leader was gone in the pilot and replaced by a successor, the lizard pet also disappeared.

Would also wish to know why they hadn't included the scene in the deleted scenes on the bonus features of the DVD box set.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:58 am

Thanks, Red Eye! I really loved that scene and was gutted when it didn't appear in The Living Legend. Patrick MacNee recorded new dialogue for this scene and the episode as well and I feel cheated by it's loss! :huh:
JB

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:03 pm

Time to rewatch Mission Galactica! :)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Go for it, Knight! :salute:

JB

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

Post by Specter » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:23 am

None of the extra material from Mission Galactica appears in the deleted scenes, does it? I don't think it even includes the extended version of the scene where Cain comes out of his shuttle. But I'll have to check on that.

All of the extra scenes from the telemovie are on the DVD, though, except one: Just before the Pegasus launches its fighters against Baltar, right at what would be the beginning of Part 2, there's a shot of the Pegasus launch officer saying "Launch when ready." It doesn't appear either in the deleted scenes or in Mission Galactica.
"Eternal perfection and order is the goal of the Cylon Empire."
- Group Leader Cyrus

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:05 pm

Blimey! I last posted on this thread nearly two years ago but I still miss that scene that should have been in the episode!!! :evillaugh:
JB

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Years ago a guy named Mike Howard (d/b/a Thistle Hill Media) compiled a supposedly complete version of all the Living Legend scenes from the episodes, the telemovie, and Mission Galactica, but I have to say it was fairly incomplete and much of it was poor video quality. I've recently started on my own omnibus edit, which I hope will include almost everything and be higher quality.

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:19 am

I've seen film versions of The Wicker Man like that where the good footage and the deleted footage was put back together with varying results of the missing stuff being a tad too blue or even fizzy!
All I ever wanted was for that one scene not to have excised and yet they did!!!
JB

Return to “1978 TV Series”