What is your favorite episode?

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:01 am

CoolCylon wrote:The Lost Warrior, yes a great episode. I loved the closing when mom, and son where laid back looking up into the stars. That could have been a great episode to re-visit at a later date, if the show ever made it past the 1st year
You know...Seriously, last week, I just laid down outside and looked up at the stars with my kid. The funny thing is that I said to my kid..."Don't worry, he'll be back. He promised." My kid looked a bit confused and I said remember that line is from the Battlestar Galactica episode when Apollo crashed lands on the planet and has to do a quick-draw with the Cylon Red-Eye? My kid said, "Oh yeah." Pretty funny stuff...anyways, I ALWAYS think of Battlestar Galactica when I lay on the ground looking up at the stars! That was a very powerful scene that will stay with me my entire life.

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Post by Starbuck » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:33 pm

:) The lost Warrior takes the cake for me too.
I think it is one of the most spectacular t.v. shows ever aired PERIOD
Right up there with Knight Of The Phoienix and Airwolf (the pilot).
Saga Of A Star World would have to come second for me.
By the way my favorite part of the pilot is the battle that Apollo and Zach get into with the poised to ambush cylons. In The Lost Warrior, when apollo hits his reverse thrust to get behind the raiders, it appears to indeed be a recycled scene from the Pilot, only it was appended latter by I.L.M. because if you notice, when Apollo and Zach fly (through) the cylon formation, they merely break up. When Apollo pulls a repeat in The Lost Warrior, the cylon on the right manages to get off a shot, just as it is beginning to pull up and to the right. The scene in Saga Of A Star World,
appears to be the exact same scene, minus the raider shooting.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:27 am

Starbuck wrote::) The lost Warrior takes the cake for me too.
Of course, my Cylon totally agrees with you! :)

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:31 pm

Saga of a Star World and the Living Legend!!! are my two votes
Goldcylon@cox.net

daggitgirl
Citizen

my favorite episode

Post by daggitgirl » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:12 pm

Since I am a big Muffit fan I gotta say Fire in Space since Muffit is the "hero" on that one! I also love the Return of Starbuck too, who doesnt love Cy? And Living Legend when the Cylons are trying to get Baltars attention with the other Battlestar en route, ohhh i cried from laughing so hard!

nashslash
Flight Leader

Post by nashslash » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:06 pm

Galactifan wrote:
Starbuck wrote::) The lost Warrior takes the cake for me too.
Of course, my Cylon totally agrees with you! :)

Thats also the winner for me too...... :lol:
www.battlefield-online.net

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: my favorite episode

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:53 am

daggitgirl wrote:Since I am a big Muffit fan I gotta say Fire in Space since Muffit is the "hero" on that one! I also love the Return of Starbuck too, who doesnt love Cy? And Living Legend when the Cylons are trying to get Baltars attention with the other Battlestar en route, ohhh i cried from laughing so hard!
DaggitGirl that is a very cool sight you have and the play of the day and life of a Daggit.

Space Ace
Citizen

Re: What is your favorite episode?

Post by Space Ace » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:37 pm

My favorite episode would have to be "Return of Starbuck" where he, Starbuck crashes his Colonial Viper starfighter onto a planetoid and ends up reprogramming a Cylon Centurion and nicknames it CY and together they are forced to work and survive before help comes to rescue them.

In the end a Cylon rescue party shows up with Starbuck hiding, CY going out to confront his machine brothers, ordering them to put away their weapons that he is alone, the humanoid did not survive the crash onto the planetoid and then gets the drop on the first two, blasting them off their boots but the leader tags CY with a shot that collapses the Centurion onto his face. Starbuck seeing his robotic bodyguard fall angrily kills the machine and runs to help him but CY's functions are going offline too quickly. Just before his memory fades away he promises never to forget his special friend, always remember him for all eternity...then dies.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:04 pm

That is from "Galactica 1980" (and it was a GREAT episode, yes) ... Did you have a fav from (the original) "Battlestar Galactica" :?:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Space Ace
Citizen

Post by Space Ace » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:07 pm

Now that you've mentioned it...there was one episode based on what would happen if the Cylons invaded Earth?!! It showed a brief scenario of Raider starships launching an air assault on the city Los Angeles with everyone fleeing in panic.

The same episode where Starbuck and Apollo went to Earth to prevent such an invasion from happening while at the same time trying not to interfere with 20th Century lifestyle in the City of Angels and taking out the robot soldiers at the same time.

In the end...the invasion never occured, the Cylon Empire defeated as usual and the starship Galactica and its crew were heroes! Although I don't recall if they decided to colonize our planet or not or move onward into space instead...

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Space Ace wrote:Now that you've mentioned it...there was one episode based on what would happen if the Cylons invaded Earth?!! It showed a brief scenario of Raider starships launching an air assault on the city Los Angeles with everyone fleeing in panic.

The same episode where Starbuck and Apollo went to Earth to prevent such an invasion from happening while at the same time trying not to interfere with 20th Century lifestyle in the City of Angels and taking out the robot soldiers at the same time.

In the end...the invasion never occured, the Cylon Empire defeated as usual and the starship Galactica and its crew were heroes! Although I don't recall if they decided to colonize our planet or not or move onward into space instead...
The story you have mentioned about seems to be a vague recall from "Greeting From Earth" and a mix of the Galactica 1980 premier episode. The name Greeting from Earth wasn't a very good name, except as a teaser to get people to have have high hopes. The so called bad guys were called the Eastern Alliance. They were dressed in black, and had a Nazi like look or feel to them.

serpentine
Spare Parts

Post by serpentine » Mon May 24, 2010 12:40 pm

For me it has got to be "Hand of god" and "saga of star world" :cylongold:
by your command

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon May 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Yes, those two are great shows!

And, welcome aboard serpentine! Post often and enjoy the site.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

robertwnielsen
Spare Parts

Post by robertwnielsen » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:37 pm

I would have to say "Hand of God" is my all-time favorite - for those who say Cylon Centurions can't express anger - look at the command Centurion when he receives the status report:

Silver Centurion: Fully operational. Nothing definite to report!

Command Centurion DEFINITE?!

Just the way he snaps around and the "tone" of his voice make me think, Okay, for a robot with no emotions, that Centurion is pissed!!

Second favorite would have to be "Living Legend," followed by "Gun on Ice Planet Zero." I loved the Cylon command Centurion in that episode.
HAS ANYBODY EVER TOLD YOU YOU HAVE A SERIOUS IMPULSE CONTROL PROBLEM??

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:45 pm

That emotions part reminds me of the Cylon in Baltar's fight craft in Living Legend, when the Centurion sees the Pegasus approaching. The eye scanner goes twice as fast giving the appearance that he is scared or at least has full attention given to a bigger ship coming at them ready to be broad sided.

Return to “1978 TV Series”