What is your favorite episode?

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
GoldCylon
Founder

What is your favorite episode?

Post by GoldCylon » Sun May 20, 2007 10:36 pm

So here is the question, of the original shows that aired on ABC, including the wish it might not of happened Galactica 1980 (but we are glad it was made) what is your favorite episode?

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Mon May 21, 2007 12:32 am

I love the original Battlestar Galactica "Saga of a Star World", but as far as regular episodes go, I have always been very fond of "The Lost Warrior." It was action-packed yet also a touching episode. I always watched the skies for a 'red eye' of my own to drop in. :)

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon May 21, 2007 7:54 am

I also loved "The Lost Warrior" when it originally aired, and still love it, but I think as other episodes aired , but it slipped down the #1 line for me. I think "The Hand of God" might be my #1 episode.

deralis
Citizen

Post by deralis » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:31 pm

Yes the one with Red Eye and The Pneumo Rifles, is a Fav

But I Gotta Choose "The Return Of Starbuck"
I Downloaded it from you tube and have been watching it all day.
Great episode.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:53 am

I can't appoint to one episode, so my favorites are: "Saga of a Star World", "The Gun on Ice Planet Zero", "The Living Legend", "The Hand of God" and "The Return of Starbuck".

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:39 am

Red Eye wrote:I can't appoint to one episode, so my favorites are: "Saga of a Star World", "The Gun on Ice Planet Zero", "The Living Legend", "The Hand of God" and "The Return of Starbuck".
Those are all great episodes, and you easy favorites for many people. Those episodes did offer up something special in their own way.

Moore3160
Centurion

Post by Moore3160 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:45 pm

All great but I really like YOUNG LORDS
Why you ask? Because there are lots for Cylons and one of the few episodes shot on location and the castle thing is really cool too. Also you get to see Spector and Lusifer in a little comedy rivalry.

Moore3160
Centurion

Post by Moore3160 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:59 pm

Little Note
Has anyone ever noticed how Ice gun on Planet Zero. Is alot like the Ion cannon on Planet Hoth. The Cylons fire the ice gun at the passing Galactica and the fleet. In the Empire Strikes back the rebels fire the Ion Cannon at the passing imperial fleet. Note Ice gun on planet zero came out before The Empire strikes Back.
Also there are Clones in the Ice Planet episode.
Did Lucas steal a little from Battle Star Galactica?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:33 am

Yeah, your right, thanks for the heads up, and now wondering about that.

EMS Vocoder 5000
Patrol Leader

Post by EMS Vocoder 5000 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:32 pm

Moore3160 wrote:Little Note
Has anyone ever noticed how Ice gun on Planet Zero. Is alot like the Ion cannon on Planet Hoth. The Cylons fire the ice gun at the passing Galactica and the fleet. In the Empire Strikes back the rebels fire the Ion Cannon at the passing imperial fleet. Note Ice gun on planet zero came out before The Empire strikes Back.
Also there are Clones in the Ice Planet episode.
Did Lucas steal a little from Battle Star Galactica?
No!!! A year before (Fall 1977) the BSG episode "Gun On Ice Planet Zero" there was an episode of Star Blazers called "The Reflex Gun" which also involved a pulsar cannon which used reflective satellites to shoot around the space around Pluto (ice dwarf-planet or ice planetoid). They used the satellites in order to be able to shoot the Argo out of space even though it was on the other side of Pluto.

But the original idea (as far as I know) comes from the movie "The Guns Of (Not sure of spelling) Navarrone".
The Cylon Vocoder is an EMS Vocoder!!! Also possibly used was the Marshall 5002 Time-Modulator!! Was an electric saxophone used with or instead of an unknown synthesizer or electric/electronic keyboard??

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:32 pm

Oh yeah the submarine in space show, I remember that. Glen Larson wrote that 2 hour episode (event) over the weekend, per Peter Berkos as he was saying good night to Peter one Friday night. Yes it was based off the 1961 movie "The Guns of Navarone"

EMS Vocoder 5000
Patrol Leader

Post by EMS Vocoder 5000 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:46 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Oh yeah the submarine in space show, I remember that. Glen Larson wrote that 2 hour episode (event) over the weekend, per Peter Berkos as he was saying good night to Peter one Friday night. Yes it was based off the 1961 movie "The Guns of Navarone"
It was about the WWII Japanese Battleship Yamato being turned into the Space Battleship Argo and going to the planet Iscandar in the Large Magellanic Cloud to save the Earth from the Gamilons.

In the second season the fought the Comet Empire and the third the Bolar Union. They should make a live-action theatrical release of it just like the "Transformers"!! Just like they should of the Glen A. Larson version of BSG!!!
The Cylon Vocoder is an EMS Vocoder!!! Also possibly used was the Marshall 5002 Time-Modulator!! Was an electric saxophone used with or instead of an unknown synthesizer or electric/electronic keyboard??

CoolCylon
Patrol Member

Post by CoolCylon » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:28 pm

The best episode for me when Apollo crashed lands, and has the western style shoot out with Red Eye, and true Western SciFi, and perfect way to have the Cartwright's, meets the Adama's (little inside joke) Bonanza (Loren Green)

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:56 am

CoolCylon wrote:The best episode for me when Apollo crashed lands, and has the western style shoot out with Red Eye, and true Western SciFi, and perfect way to have the Cartwright's, meets the Adama's (little inside joke) Bonanza (Loren Green)
That's "The Lost Warrior" (which is my favorite, too).

CoolCylon
Patrol Member

Post by CoolCylon » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:50 am

The Lost Warrior, yes a great episode. I loved the closing when mom, and son where laid back looking up into the stars. That could have been a great episode to re-visit at a later date, if the show ever made it past the 1st year
Group 3 Section 1, 7 and 2, 8 arm and attack Atlantia

Return to “1978 TV Series”