The Young Lords - Is it edited on DVD and Blu-ray?

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
Croft2014
Raider Pilot

The Young Lords - Is it edited on DVD and Blu-ray?

Post by Croft2014 » Sat May 23, 2015 3:21 am

Word is starting to creep around on an online forum (The Home Theater Forum I think) that there may be one minute (approximately) missing from The Young Lords.

On my German BD set it runs 47'53"; on my R1 Cylon head DVD set it runs 47'42".

All other single episodes run 48'+, so it does look like something may be missing.

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: The Young Lords - Is it edited on DVD and Blu-ray?

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:05 am

Croft2014
Raider Pilot

Re: The Young Lords - Is it edited on DVD and Blu-ray?

Post by Croft2014 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:06 am

That's for The Magnificent Warriors, and the missing footage issue only affects the redundant widescreen version. I have the German BD which has the uncut and definitive full-frame version. The German set also has an exclusive English-friendly 10th DVD of cast and crew interviews recorded at the 2003 Galaction convention.

This thread asks the question specifically about a supposed missing minute in The Young Lords which seems to run shorter than all other episodes dating back to the 2003 R1 DVD release. This may be a case that this one episode always did run short, but it may be a case of the footage being missed back in 2003 when the HD masters were created for the 2003 set; and no one has spotted it till now. The full-frame HD masters made for the 2003 set are suspected as being the ones used for all of the recent (German, UK, US) BD releases.

It was first mooted very recently over on the Home Video Forum by a guy who never backed it up with a claim. If someone hereabouts has a vintage off-air recording dating back to 1978-79 they could check.

Return to “1978 TV Series”