I'm glad that this site is mostly dedicated to the classic series, because...

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
Dr. Kate McCrae
Citizen

Post by Dr. Kate McCrae » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Starlog On:

I'm glad that this site is, more or less, dedicated to the classic "Battlestar Galactica" series, because when I saw the main characters from the 2004 series, these were my personal thoughts (Let me apologize in advance if I've offended anybody for any reason, but, seeing as how I've never seen EITHER series, these were my own thoughts):

From L to R:

Eyepatch
Chairman Mao
"Law & Order: SVU" Officer
G.I. Joe
G.I. Jane
Christian Grey, from "Fifty Shades of Grey"

LOL! Once again, I apologize if I have offended anybody, but I must say that I like the looks of the classic characters much more!
:loveit:

Starlog Off:
Dr. Kate McCrae

PHOTO CREDIT: i.kinja-img.com

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:11 am

Great little analogy that you have there it was good for a chuckle describing the characters

Dr. Kate McCrae
Citizen

Re: I'm glad that this site is mostly dedicated to the classic series, because...

Post by Dr. Kate McCrae » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Starlog On:

I'm glad, because I was hoping that I wouldn't be offending anyone.
:loveit:
Starlog Off:
Dr. Kate McCrae

PHOTO CREDIT: i.kinja-img.com

Croft2014
Raider Pilot

Re: I'm glad that this site is mostly dedicated to the classic series, because...

Post by Croft2014 » Sat May 23, 2015 3:36 am

I'm glad that this site covers both series, but I'm particularly happy to have an online resource for the original. Now, I have to admit (in the interests of full disclosure) that by any reasonable standard I think the new series wipes the floor with the original; artistically it's a brilliantly written and made work.

The original is hamstrung by the constraints of it's era, and especially because it was made for US network TV with all of the artistic constraints that implies. I think the original was groundbreaking for US TV at the time because it introduced arc stories (however loosely compared to what we have now) to ongoing drama, certainly scifi drama.

In the UK they had been making mini series and serials for years at that time; programmes like The Survivors (1975-79) and Blake's 7 (1978-81) had ongoing plots as a matter of routine.

Anyway, the new show may be artistically better but it's nowhere near as much fun; too grim, self-serious etc.

Return to “1978 TV Series”