Do you have off-air recordings made during the Eighties?

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Do you have off-air recordings made during the Eighties?

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:45 am

Red Eye wrote:Tough question. The version sold by Thistle Hill is the only one around I know of.

Perhaps Chris will know?
This isn't Thistle Hill, and I have it captured from VHS over to digital thanks to a fellow member, but I can't get my hands on it at this moment. It is a 2000 release so it isn't the original 78/79 release.
http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongalle ... play_media

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:22 pm

"The Living Legend" was never included as telemovie version in the British VHS set.

We only got the regular 2-parted TV version edited together into a single, feature-length episode.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Red Eye wrote:"The Living Legend" was never included as telemovie version in the British VHS set.

We only got the regular 2-parted TV version edited together into a single, feature-length episode.
I thought parts and pieces were used in that release.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Sadly not.

Other than that, the only "unique" footage survived in "Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack": http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongalle ... play_media
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:28 pm

Hope It's The Grog wrote:
Red Eye wrote:Perhaps it did survive in the telemovie version of "The Living Legend". :huh:
I don't know. Does the true telemovie even survive? All I have is the version that Thistle Hill Media used to sell, which is more of a fan-made reconstruction of the telemovie that relies on several sources and uses the DVD of the episode for that particular portion.

I checked "Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack" and the line was not audible in that version either.
I have a copy of the telemovie of The Living Legend, recorded from television years ago, and the "not now" line is mixed out.

Just checked to make sure before posting this.

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Scott wrote:
Hope It's The Grog wrote:
Red Eye wrote:Perhaps it did survive in the telemovie version of "The Living Legend". :huh:
I don't know. Does the true telemovie even survive? All I have is the version that Thistle Hill Media used to sell, which is more of a fan-made reconstruction of the telemovie that relies on several sources and uses the DVD of the episode for that particular portion.

I checked "Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack" and the line was not audible in that version either.
I have a copy of the telemovie of The Living Legend, recorded from television years ago, and the "not now" line is mixed out.

Just checked to make sure before posting this.
Thanks. I guess it is very rare; sure hope my tape turns up someday. :salute:
"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sufferin ... 2291161676

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Today I pulled out my original ABC broadcasts, and the only place I find the "not now" line intact is in the recap at the start of The Living Legend part 2.

My part 1 has the scene with him mouthing the words, but no dialogue.

I never had any 80's syndicated versions, sorry. :sad:

I just have the original broadcasts, the telemovie version, Mission Galactica, and the Sci-Fi channel cut of the episode.

Oh, and I do have the U.K. VHS telemovie set that doesn't really include The Living Legend telemovie as someone else above already mentioned.

After buying that I was happy I already had the telemovies even if they are old broadcasts recorded years before. I can imagine many Galactica fans saying FRAK after that purchase.

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Scott wrote:Today I pulled out my original ABC broadcasts, and the only place I find the "not now" line intact is in the recap at the start of The Living Legend part 2.

My part 1 has the scene with him mouthing the words, but no dialogue.

I never had any 80's syndicated versions, sorry. :sad:

I just have the original broadcasts, the telemovie version, Mission Galactica, and the Sci-Fi channel cut of the episode.

Oh, and I do have the U.K. VHS telemovie set that doesn't really include The Living Legend telemovie as someone else above already mentioned.

After buying that I was happy I already had the telemovies even if they are old broadcasts recorded years before. I can imagine many Galactica fans saying FRAK after that purchase.
So you do have the audio of the "not now" line in some form? :smile: Could you make a clip of the scene and post it somewhere, or send it to me as an mp3? :smile:
"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:33 am

Hope It's The Grog wrote: So you do have the audio of the "not now" line in some form? :smile: Could you make a clip of the scene and post it somewhere, or send it to me as an mp3? :smile:
Yep, I have it.

I'll see what I can do.

I don't have a way to get the clip into the PC, other than recording video right off the TV screen. That would be horrible quality picture and audio.

Maybe I can find a way to just get you a mp3. I may not be able to get to it until the weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Turns out I had access to the equipment needed to capture the "not now" clip.

Here's the link: VIDEO HAS BEEN DELETED

Hopefully you (and anyone else who might be interested) can snag it from there, and I'll delete it in a few days.

Actually after posting this I pulled out my DVD set, and the "not now" line is intact in the recap on there also.

I don't recall it ever being heard in Part One.
Last edited by Scott on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Scott wrote:Turns out I had access to the equipment needed to capture the "not now" clip.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjXUDuVr ... e=youtu.be

Hopefully you (and anyone else who might be interested) can snag it from there, and I'll delete it in a few days.

Actually after posting this I pulled out my DVD set, and the "not now" line is intact in the recap on there also.

I don't recall it ever being heard in Part One.
You're kidding! All that time it was there in the recap and my memory just had it backwards? :blink: :erk:

Pure awesomeness! Thanks so much for doing that! I would never have thought to look right under my nose. *facepalm*

:byyourcommand:

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:52 am

I used to record the soundtracks of the episodes when they first came to the UK in 1980 on Thames Television. Think I've still got them all somewhere (unlike the video tapes) but Thames never screened The Living Legend due to the fact that it was a film over here, but after The Hand of God they played Mission Galactica:The Cylon Attack in two parts strangely enough! :IL:
JB

Return to “1978 TV Series”