Did you ever notice?!

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Re: Did you ever notice?!

Post by Red Eye » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:15 am

I think Rigel had similiar "problems" in "Gun on Ice Planet Zero"...

"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:05 am

And I may be conflating the two in my memory, actually. :?
"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sufferin ... 2291161676

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:25 am

I'm not so sure either, guess we both have to watch it again. :wink:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:17 am

:frak: :nah:
"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:24 pm

Hope It's The Grog wrote:Here's a nitpicky difference I hadn't spotted till the other day:

During the opening battle, when Adama orders "All batteries commence fire," a filtered voice responds (in the movie): "All fire control stations manned and operational." In the TV version, "manned and operational" is left out.
Now I've verified that "manned and operational" was actually in the broadcast version. Its omission on the DVD is an error.

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Hope It's The Grog wrote:
Hope It's The Grog wrote:Here's a nitpicky difference I hadn't spotted till the other day:

During the opening battle, when Adama orders "All batteries commence fire," a filtered voice responds (in the movie): "All fire control stations manned and operational." In the TV version, "manned and operational" is left out.
Now I've verified that "manned and operational" was actually in the broadcast version. Its omission on the DVD is an error.
I think the DVD release was the first time that line popped up missing. All other versions besides the broadcast including syndication, telemovie, VHS/Beta, etc should have the line intact.

It's also missing in the German Blu-ray set.

Question is, what about the new supposedly re-mastered DVD set released last month?

Missing or not? I'm also curious as to if the set has really been re-mastered or is it the same quality of prints released years ago on DVD?

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:38 pm

I thought it was peculiar when I didn't hear it on the DVD; I never remembered not hearing it before.

Why not start a new thread on the "remastered" DVD set? :smile:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:33 am

One other thing the TV movie version over the theatrical release is alert status when the warriors leave the card game some are on the transport cart down the corridor before the cut away to Omega telling Commander Adama about the small craft approaching.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:34 pm

Hope It's The Grog wrote:Somewhere on the bridge of the Galactica there lurks the universe's fastest hairdresser, because Rigel sports three different hairstyles in Lost Planet of the Gods... sometimes (through the magic of reused footage) two hairstyles within one minute.
I think I've figured out the real explanation for this: Rigel is actually triplets! The giveaway is when the credits for the Experiment in Terra telemovie identify Sarah Rush as playing "Women on Duty."

Golddragon71
Citizen

Post by Golddragon71 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:37 am

Just compared the two it's clearly heard on the Standalone Movie Version.

I'm going to have to watch both versions scene by scene now just to notice what other differences exist between the two

:frak:

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:05 pm

Golddragon71 wrote:

Just compared the two it's clearly heard on the Standalone Movie Version.

I'm going to have to watch both versions scene by scene now just to notice what other differences exist between the two

:frak:
It does appear to be just a fault in the DVD audio mix, not in the pilot as broadcast.

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:25 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:Did you ever notice?!

My Cylon eye spys...
"Fire In Space"
Sheba has quite the magical wardrobe!? During the same Viper flight she somehow manages to change her helmet from a Galactica to a Pegasus helmet, and back again. You go girl! ;)
I guess if there is a fire in space, it is hard to decide what to wear? <heehee>

Here are screen caps and time index for each.
Sheba's magical wardrobe is not limited to her helmet! During the second Triad match in "War of the Gods," she's in the purple dress, then suddenly in uniform, then back in the dress (a reused shot from the first Triad match).

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

Post by Specter » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:46 am

In the pilot, when Apollo's shuttle leaves the Gemini freighter to rendezvous with the Rising Star, he identifies it as Alpha shuttle. But as it approaches the Rising Star, he calls it Sigma shuttle. The remarkable thing is that the "Sigma" line was dubbed over an effects shot, so they could easily have fixed that in post. Which means nobody caught it.
"Eternal perfection and order is the goal of the Cylon Empire."
- Group Leader Cyrus

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:51 pm

viper73 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:57 am
LOL I never noticed either of those but I do think her helmet chnaged in other eps also :smile: :patch: :cylon:
Well my excuse is that The Living Legend was never screened by Thames TV and Fire in space followed The young Lords without a word on the Pegasus adventure until War of The gods and then that could have been from the destruction of the colonies! We eventually saw the story or most of it when Thames screened Mission Galactica:The Cylon Attack as a two parter to finish off the series in 1981! :frack:
JB

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Here are a couple of good ones.

First, the infamous Cylon planetfall scene over Caprica and the city lights arranged in a colorful expletive by the frustrated VFX folks (likely of Apogee):

In the same scene, we briefly appears to be a "gold" Cylon Raider in the squadron attacking the capital:

Later on, we see two more shots of "gold" Raiders. Most people agree it was a mistake in compositing. Someone goofed on the color balance on one of the shots. In my "head canon", however, I like to think these Raiders contain gold squadron leaders:
ImageImage

This one gets a little weird. We all know what the two different types of cubits look like, right? The "G" and "L" cubits?

We always thought they were stylized letters commemorating Glen Larson. Not quite...

In this magazine I discovered about a decade ago:

They had an article about this guy:

He apparently invented the "Alphabet of the Magi". Recognize anything familiar?

Could have knocked me over with a feather when I first read about this thing! Here's an excerpt from a page I found online about it:
The Alphabet of the Magi was invented by Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim (also known as Paracelsus) in the 16th century. He used it to engrave the names of angels on talismans which he claimed could treat illnesses and provide protection. It was probably influenced by the various other magical alphabets that were around at the time and also by the Hebrew script.
And, of course, the famous Galactica squadron patches were all based off an ancient Indian Sri Yanta vreemana:

I tell you what...Old Glen had some amazing ideas hidden in that show. Enjoy! :salute:
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

Return to “1978 TV Series”