The Young Lords (unpopular opinion?)

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

The Young Lords (unpopular opinion?)

Post by Specter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:43 pm

As you might guess from my screen name, "The Young Lords" is one of my favorite episodes. Yeah, the rhyme is a little silly and the whole battle sequence a bit Ewokish, but -- the location is beautiful and there's perhaps a higher proportion of Cylon screen time than any other episode. Plus it's just a lot of fun.

Anyone else a fan of this one?

:IL: :cylongold: :cylon: :loveit: :cylon: :IL:

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: The Young Lords (unpopular opinion?)

Post by Red Eye » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:07 pm

This one will always have a special place in my heart since it really features the IL-Series Cylons so much. Therefore I always call that one the "IL-Series episode".

It really had some great moments and it was fun to witness the ongoing word battles between Baltar and Lucifer and Lucifer's contempt for Specter.

If they only got more time to prepare everything more carefully during production of the series, I'd have loved to see more episodes with the Cylons getting in the spotlight like that.

Oh yes, and scratch that awful rhyme/song sequence next time you'll do a Cylon-themed episode! :wink:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

Post by Specter » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:42 pm

A few things I can't help but wonder:

Are Megan and his family the only humans left on Attila?

If not, why hasn't Kyle attempted to recruit any of them to the cause of resistance?

Or if so, what kind of future do they have on that planet? Do they propose to repopulate it themselves?

(Repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax.")

Soda Can
Phalanx Leader

Post by Soda Can » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:53 am

I've just been watching this episode again and yes I love it, definately the cylon screen time but also the fact that there is yet another good reason to watch, similar to slave leia influence. :loveit:
If anybody can, Soda Can Cylon can. :cylon:

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Wasn't this episode made before The Lost Warrior? I think it was put as far away from that one as to not invite any similarities although Starbuck got stuck on another planet in the one before this as well which probably was another reason to move it further along the line!
JB

Return to “1978 TV Series”